Danson House

Danson House


How can we help?

Please fill in this form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Please enter your name
Please enter your email address
Please enter your telephone number
Please enter a question
Please let us know how you heard about us
Please enter the verification code

We’ll only use this information to handle your enquiry and we won’t share it with any third parties. For more details see our Privacy Policy

Court of Protection Solicitors in Sidcup, Bexley, Kent

If someone is unable to manage their own affairs, it can be highly distressing, both for the person and anyone who is looking after them. The Court of Protection exists to ensure that the affairs of someone who has lost capacity can be managed, either by a loved one or a trusted professional, such as a solicitor.

Dealing with Court of Protection applications can seem like a daunting and complicated prospect, but our Court of Protection solicitors in Sidcup will use their legal expertise to provide you with comprehensive support.

Our friendly team will guide you through the process of making a Court of Protection application, as well as providing tailored advice to make sure that your loved one’s needs are fully met. As well as advising on all of the aspects involved in an application, we are also able to act as professional deputies if no one is able to carry out the role themselves.

We pride ourselves on offering straightforward and sympathetic legal advice in plain English and appreciate that a high level of support is necessary during what can be a difficult time.

Speak to our Court of Protection solicitors in Sidcup, the London Borough of Bexley, Kent

For friendly, expert support with your Court of Protection application, contact a member of our team now by calling 020 8300 9321 or emailing enquiries@wmk-law.com.

How our Court of Protection solicitors in Sidcup can help you

Court of Protection Deputyship

If you are looking for the legal authority to make decisions on a loved ones’ behalf, then you can apply to the Court of Protection to become a Deputy. This will allow you to make important decisions about issues such as their health, welfare, finances and property.

There are two types of Deputyship you can apply for:

Property and financial affairs Deputyship – A property and financial affairs Deputyship will allow you to make decisions regarding a person’s income and property. This could include taking responsibility for paying bills, managing pensions and dealing with their home – including mortgage payments or even selling it.

Personal Welfare Deputyship – A personal welfare Deputy is responsible for handling issues involving the person’s health and wellbeing. This could include covering decisions such as what medical treatment they will receive, who will look after them and what day-to-day care they will receive.

You can apply to be just one type of Deputy Order or both. When you are appointed you will receive a court order which will further outline what you can and cannot do while acting as a Deputy.

Statutory Wills

For a Will to be granted, the person making it must have been of ‘sound mind’. This means that someone who is lacking capacity will not be able to create a Will or update an existing one. If you need to make any changes to a Wil, you will need to apply for a Statutory Will. This can allow you to clarify how a person’s assets will be passed on when they pass away,

Our Court of Protection solicitors in Sidcup can support you in applying for a Statutory Will, setting out how you believe the person without capacity would have wished for their estate to be divided. The Court will then either grant the application, or decide to create a Will with revised terms, where appropriate.

One-off Court of Protection applications

If there is a specific matter that needs to be dealt with, you will have the option to make a one-off application to the Court of Protection. This may be necessary if you don’t already have a Court of Protection Deputyship, or if the matter falls outside the parameter of your current Deputyship.

Acting as a Deputy

If you do not wish to apply for a Deputyship, or if you want the support of a legal expert, our Court of Protection solicitors can carry out this role on your behalf. We have extensive experience in this field and our expert team can make sure your loved ones’ needs are met, no matter how complex their affairs are to manage.

Why our Court of Protection solicitors are the right choice for you

Our Court of Protection solicitors are highly experienced, having previously worked alongside a wide range of clients from various backgrounds. We are proud to offer a sensitive, yet highly professional service to all of our clients and are more than happy to support you with any queries you may have.

Our team include members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP),  a professional network for lawyers who specialise in succession planning. Some of our team are also members of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE), a national organisation for lawyers who specialise in supporting older and more vulnerable clients.

Find out more about our team’s accreditations.

Contact our Court of Protection solicitors in Sidcup now

Whether you need help with your Court of Protection application, or you would like one of our expert team to act as a professional Deputy, we will make sure your case is handled with the care it deserves.

Contact us today to speak to one of Court of Protection solicitors in Sidcup, please call 020 8300 9321 or email enquiries@wmk-law.com.

Our Deputyship & Court of Protection services include:-

  • Advising and assisting an applicant to be appointed as Deputy, which includes completing all the relevant Court forms and obtaining the required mental capacity certificate from a Doctor;
  • Assisting with the completion of the annual returns to the Court of Protection;
  • Where appropriate a Solicitor and Partner in Woolsey Morris & Kennedy will consider being appointed as a Deputy; and
  • Advising and assisting in connection with applying for other orders issued by the Court of Protection.