Wills Solicitors in Sidcup, Bexley and Kent
If you are wanting to get your affairs in order by making a Will, or if you would like to change or update an existing Will, our expert Wills solicitors at Woolsey Morris & Kennedy can help make sure your wishes are followed and loved ones are protected, after you’re gone.
Whether it’s just a case of making sure certain belongings go to certain people or you have a complex high value estate, we can help ensure your precise wishes are adhered to when you are no longer here, giving you the confidence and peace of mind that your affairs and loved ones will be properly taken care of.
Why you need to have a Will professionally drafted by one of our experienced lawyers at Woolsey Morris & Kennedy
As many as 7 in 10 UK adults have not made a Will, wrongly believing they are either too young or that their assets are insufficient, so there is little point in having a Will. Some think that making a Will is expensive when, in reality, a basic Will can be professionally drafted by one of our qualified and experienced solicitors for a relatively small sum of money. By not having a Will, you potentially risk:
- Children being disinherited.
- A surviving spouse not inheriting what you want them to.
- A partner having no automatic entitlement to your assets and being forced out of the family home.
- Your home being sold.
- The state becoming the beneficiary of all that you own.
By making a Will with one of our expert Wills solicitors at Woolsey Morris & Kennedy, you will be making sensible and prudent steps to ensure that you are:
- setting out clear instructions of your exact wishes.
- appointing a suitable guardian for your child or children.
- deciding who you want to appoint as an executor to manage your affairs and deal with your money and assets.
- deciding exactly who will inherit your estate.
- making potential savings on inheritance tax.
- setting out who will receive specific items.
- specifying the sort of funeral you would like.
- protecting your property and assets for future generations.
- potentially helping avoid your assets being used for nursing or care home fees.
- making it easier on your loved ones during an already upsetting and distressing time.
Why choose Woolsey Morris & Kennedy’s Wills solicitors?
Woolsey Morris & Kennedy are a leading firm of Will solicitors located in Sidcup, Bexley and Kent with decades of experience helping individuals, families and businesses ensure estates and assets are passed on in the most tax efficient way.
Our dedicated team offer a friendly and comprehensive Will service that is competitively priced and delivered with strong client focus and high standards of client care.
We can help you with all types of Wills and Will related matters including:
- Writing a Will – taking instruction for Wills in person and attending in person to the Will signing formalities.
- Preparation of Wills, trusts and deeds.
- Single Wills - for you only.
- Mirror Wills - for you and your partner or spouse.
- Living Wills – a directive relating to future medical treatment.
- Reviewing a Will - if you have already made a Will, it is a good idea to review it regularly, at least every five years, because many things can happen in your life such as moving home, getting a divorce or a separation or having children and grandchildren.
- Updating a Will – you may wish to update your Will in the event your circumstances change such as when you divorce or remarry. We will help ensure your Will is always kept up-to-date and in line with your current circumstances, giving you reassurance that it continues to be valid and legally binding.
- Amending a Will – should your personal circumstances or finances change, it can have an impact on your Will. It is advisable to seek professional legal advice before changing or altering your Will to avoid the risk of it becoming invalid or presenting problems to your executors.
- Interpreting a Will – on the death of a loved one, we can assist you in applying to the Court in the circumstances where a Will is unclear or ambiguous.
- Correcting a Will – on the death of a loved one, we can help with applications to the Court when there is a mistake in a Will that needs correcting.
- Issues in Wills such as guardianship, adoption and divorce - including contact and residence issues relating to children.
- Giving gifts to members of your family.
- Obtaining Grants of Probate – following the death of a loved one, we can assist you with applications to obtain a Grant of Probate or Grant of Representation where there is an executor nominated in a Will.
- Winding up and distributing estates – including selling assets and stopping pensions.
- Contentious probate – in the event you need to contest a Will or defend a Will.
- Inheritance tax planning – we can advise you on the impact of any inheritance tax and steps that can be taken to reduce inheritance tax liabilities. We can also advise you on the best ways of preserving money and property.
- Lasting Power of Attorney – we can help you make advanced financial, health and welfare plans in the event of losing capacity in the future.
- Court of Protection - in the circumstances where a family member has already lost capacity, we can help with an urgent application to the Court of Protection for a Deputyship Order.
- Intestacy – we can help in the circumstances where there is no Will left or a Will is found to be invalid and where the Rules of Intestacy will apply.
- Letters of administration – in the circumstances where there is no Will, we can assist you in obtaining a letter of administration from the Court to get the legal authority you need to deal with a deceased person’s estate.
When it comes to Wills, we know exactly what is needed to protect you, your assets and loved ones. Our dedicated team of Wills solicitors have all the specialist expertise and knowledge in preparing Wills to cover all circumstances or in resolving any Will related issue you may be faced with.
Whatever your concerns or particular Will requirements, we will always be happy to discuss the different approaches and issues, so you are able to make a fully informed decision about how best to proceed. We will listen very carefully to your wishes, desired outcomes and current situation, constructing a document that best suits your exact needs and financial position.
We will explain the different types of Wills available to you and help you reach an informed decision on what is best for you in your current circumstances.
In addition, we can help make sure your Will is kept safe, secure and enforceable, at all times, giving you and your family complete confidence and peace of mind.
Contact Our solicitors in Sidcup, the London Borough of Bexley, Kent
To make an appointment or to find out more about how our specialist Will solicitors in Bexley, Sidcup, south-east London and Kent can help you with a Will matter, telephone our dedicated Wills team on 020 8300 9321 or email us at email@example.com Alternatively, you can fill in our quick online enquiry form, so we can get back to you.