Probate Solicitors in Sidcup
Clear, sensitive and practical legal support
When a loved one passes away, the thought of having to deal with their estate can be highly stressful at what is already a very difficult time. Our friendly probate solicitors in Sidcup have the experienced legal expertise and empathetic approach to help make dealing with probate much easier.
Whether or not a person leaves a Will when they die, a formal application will usually need to be made to the Court for a Grant of Probate to allow for their estate to be administered. Forms have to be completed for HM Revenue & Customs and it is vitally important to ensure that all available tax reliefs are claimed. With so many technical details to get right, it is understandable that many people find dealing with probate intimidating.
Our friendly and professional team are here to guide and help Executors and family members through the administration process. We can simply assist with obtaining the Grant of Probate and other specific issues, or we can deal with the whole administration of an estate if required.
If helping with the entire process we initially contact all the relevant parties concerned, complete the inheritance tax forms, prepare the Court papers for the Grant, collect in and sell the assets, distribute the money to the beneficiaries and finally prepare easy to understand and comprehensive accounts summarising everything that has happened during the administration. We can do as little or as much to help with the probate process.
We pride ourselves on offering straight forward and sympathetic advice and fully appreciate the support needed during what can be a very emotional and difficult time.
Speak to our probate solicitors in Sidcup, the London Borough of Bexley, Kent
For friendly, expert help with any aspect of the probate process, please speak in confidence to one of our team now by calling 020 8300 9321 or emailing email@example.com.
How we can help you with the probate process
Our Sidcup probate solicitors can offer as much support as you need for any or all stages of dealing with probate, allowing you to effectively carry out the wishes of your loved one who has passed away.
Securing Grant of Probate
We can help you apply for Grant of Probate (or Letters of Administration where there is no Will), dealing with all of the issues involved, including:
- Valuing the estate
- Calculating any Inheritance Tax (IHT) due and making sure this is paid
- Gathering the necessary documentation (including the Will and death certificate)
- Making the probate application
Acting as an Executor or Estate Administrator
We can assist with the various tasks involved in administering an estate, including:
- Gathering the estate’s assets
- Contacting the beneficiaries of the Will
- Selling any property or other assets as required
- Transferring ownership of property where necessary
- Transferring bequests to the beneficiaries
- Preparing estate accounts
Dealing with contentious probate issues
We can offer a fast, effective dispute resolution service for any issues raised in relation to the Will or estate, including:
- Contested Wills
- Inheritance Act claims
- Executor disputes
Our probate fees
Uncertainty over the cost of probate is an additional worry you don’t need at this difficult time. For this reason, we aim to be completely transparent about the cost of probate and can offer many of our probate services on a fixed-fee basis.
To find out more about how much probate might cost, please take a look at our probate fees.
Why our probate solicitors are the right choice for you
Our probate lawyers are highly experienced, having worked with a wide range of clients from all backgrounds over many years. We pride ourselves on offering an approachable, sensitive and highly professional service to help guide you through this challenging time.
Our team includes members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), a global professional association for lawyers dealing with inheritance issues, including probate, and Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE), a national organisation for lawyers specialising in supporting older and vulnerable clients with their legal needs.
Find out more about our accreditations.
Contact our probate solicitors in Sidcup now
No matter what stage of probate you are at, we can offer the empathetic support and clear legal guidance you need to keep the process simple and stress-free while giving you confidence that every detail has been properly taken care of.
Our Probate & Estate Administration services include:-
- Ascertaining the exact extent of a deceased’s persons assets;
- Advising on the ‘Intestacy Rules’ where no will has been left;
- Applying for a grant of Grant of Probate where a will has been left;
- Applying for a grant of Letters of Administration where a will has not been left;
- Completing the H M Revenue & Customs returns and accounts;
- Advising on reliefs from Inheritance Tax and calculating and Inheritance Tax due;
- Obtaining Inheritance Tax clearance;
- Distributing legacies to those left a fixed sum of specific item and interim payments to those receiving a share of the remaining estate;
- Preparing full and detailed accounts showing funds received, funds paid out and the balance available for distribution to those entitled to the remaining estate.