Greenwich &Bexley Hospice

Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice


How can we help?

Please fill in this form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Please enter your name
Please enter your email address
Please enter your telephone number
Please enter a question
Please let us know how you heard about us
Please enter the verification code

We’ll only use this information to handle your enquiry and we won’t share it with any third parties. For more details see our Privacy Policy

Probate & Estate Administration

Has Someone Died?

Whether or not a person dies with a will, a formal application often has to be made to the Court for a Grant to allow for their estate to be administered.   Forms have to be completed for H M Revenue & Customs and it is vitally important to ensure that all available tax reliefs are claimed.

Our friendly and professional team are here to guide and help Executors and family members through the administration process. We can simply assist with obtaining the Grant or deal with the whole administration of an estate. If helping with the entire process we initially contact all the relevant parties concerned, complete the inheritance tax forms, prepare the Court papers for the Grant, collect in and sell the assets, distribute the money to the beneficiaries and finally prepare easy to understand and comprehensive accounts summarising everything that has happened during the administration. We can do as little or as much to help with the probate process.

We pride ourselves on offering straight forward and sympathetic advice and fully appreciate the support needed during what can be a very emotional and difficult time.     

Speak to our probate & estate administration solicitors in Sidcup, the London Borough of Bexley, Kent

If you would like more advice about probate & estate administration, please feel free to speak in confidence to one of our team now by calling 020 8300 9321 or emailing

  • Isabel Elliott
      • View profile
  • Tim Goodwin
      • View profile
  • Emma Bland
      • View profile
  • Sarwan Ghuman
      • View profile
  • Russell Ali
      • View profile

Our Probate & Estate Administration services include:-

  • Ascertaining the exact extent of a deceased’s persons assets;
  • Advising on the ‘Intestacy Rules’ where no will has been left;
  • Applying for a grant of Grant of Probate where a will has been left;
  • Applying for a grant of Letters of Administration where a will has not been left;
  • Completing the H M Revenue & Customs returns and accounts;
  • Advising on reliefs from Inheritance Tax and calculating and Inheritance Tax due;
  • Obtaining Inheritance Tax clearance;
  • Distributing legacies to those left a fixed sum of specific item and interim payments to those receiving a share of the remaining estate;
  • Preparing full and detailed accounts showing funds received, funds paid out and the balance available for distribution to those entitled to the remaining estate.