Probate Solicitors in Sidcup, Bexley and Kent
Has Someone Died?
Whether or not a person dies with a will, a formal application often has to be made to the Court for a Grant to allow for their estate to be administered. Forms have to be completed for H M Revenue & Customs and it is vitally important to ensure that all available tax reliefs are claimed.
Our friendly and professional team are here to guide and help Executors and family members through the administration process. We can simply assist with obtaining the Grant or deal with the whole administration of an estate. If helping with the entire process we initially contact all the relevant parties concerned, complete the inheritance tax forms, prepare the Court papers for the Grant, collect in and sell the assets, distribute the money to the beneficiaries and finally prepare easy to understand and comprehensive accounts summarising everything that has happened during the administration. We can do as little or as much to help with the probate process.
We pride ourselves on offering straight forward and sympathetic advice and fully appreciate the support needed during what can be a very emotional and difficult time.
Our services include:-
- Ascertaining the exact extent of a deceased’s persons assets;
- Advising on the ‘Intestacy Rules’ where no will has been left;
- Applying for a grant of Grant of Probate where a will has been left;
- Applying for a grant of Letters of Administration where a will has not been left;
- Completing the H M Revenue & Customs returns and accounts;
- Advising on reliefs from Inheritance Tax and calculating and Inheritance Tax due;
- Obtaining Inheritance Tax clearance;
- Distributing legacies to those left a fixed sum of specific item and interim payments to those receiving a share of the remaining estate;
- Preparing full and detailed accounts showing funds received, funds paid out and the balance available for distribution to those entitled to the remaining estate.